Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Environmental Education QR Code Quizzes

You know the old commercial:  "He's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs."  Well, in my classroom, my students are "crazy for QR Codes."
You know QR Codes, the box-like bar-scan codes like the one here.  (To learn more, check out GTG's "Q is for QR Codes").  Using Kaywa's QR code generator & books from my eco-library, I found some kid-friendly green-stats, and "QR-coded" them. 

qrcodeMy plan?  To monthly rotate the eco-jokes & green facts so that I have fresh statistics each month.  I foresee the iPads getting a workout, as well as some mental wheels turning as the kids realize the truth in the numbers.  To make a set of your own, check out my Slideshare document (click here, or find it below)... copy, cut out, laminate, grab a bar scanner, & away you go!
Images from:  Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs:  http://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/superdragon/index.htm; QR Code: generated at Kaywa with my own text;  my classroom window with eco-stats cards; and the Slideshare document that I created, from http://www.slideshare.net/thirdgrade/qr-eco-codes.

No comments :

Post a Comment