Thursday, July 28, 2011

J = Jump Over to ISTE

J is for Jump Over to ISTE

(GTG's #GETABC Series = Green, Education, & Tech*)


In lieu of anything else for j that truly didn't jump at me, this seemed like a justifiable way to extend the jewels of the letter I.
ISTE - International Society for Technology in Education
About 3 days before the June 26th annual ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education") conference, I learned about it, its wealth, and the fact that it was literally a hop, skip and a jump away, over in Philadelphia...however, I had plans that took me to Illinois.  Darn and drat.  But, it didn't matter too much, between Twitter participants tweets of the event and the website, I was able to learn a lot about what I missed!

Yes, there are jewels galore at ISTE's website: national standards, tech-ed communities, professional development, publications, conferences & other dated events, and an online store with oodles and gobs of tech goodies, magazines, podcasts, and more.  Membership of course brings with it certain privileges and price cuts. 

If you're just at the tip of the iceberg of how best to use technology in the classroom, find your bounty here at ISTE!


J Picture from http://www.threadart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=7194 and ISTE logo from http://www.iste.org/

Note:  In an attempt to meld my pursuits of green, education, and technology, "GET" and this ABC series began...as did my twitter thread #GETABC.  To see the inception of #GETABC and give yourself a tidbit of background, go to GTG's True Confessions & Whirling Dervishes.

No comments :

Post a Comment